Thursday, July 12, 2007

Loss Poem

You Never Were...
by Sabra Dees

How is it that I miss you?
I long to hold and kiss you
My mind is always searching after
your chubby face and your laughter.
I wish to sing your favorite songs
I wished for you for so long
but you never were.

How is it that I dream of you?
I know the things you'd love to do
cartoon mornings, baking sweets
blowing kisses on your tiny feet.
Incredibly real to me you seem
I know these are empty dreams
Because you never were.

How is it that I grieve?
You never were concieved.
it isnt like I lost my son you didnt pass away
yet I mourn your loss more and more each day.
there is a nursery in my heart but it will never be
For years I tried, the countless times I cried - infertility.
And you never were.

How is it that you seem so real?
A burning memory
sometimes I think of you and feel
I've lost my sanity.
But I know you realy were
You were the hopes and dreams and faith of one
who really wanted to be a mom.
I mourn the loss of that hope and you see
You never were a child but you were a part of me.

No comments: